Friday, August 26, 2005

My Heart was Broken...

“Jennifer Lopez’s fashion sense” – A seemingly simple video clips showing J-Lo modeling along the aisle (I thought). Being totally clueless about the gruesome pictures that I was going to see, I clicked on the attachment unwittingly.

The beautiful silhouette of J-Lo appeared on the little screen on my laptop. She was pictured wearing fur coats and sashaying down the aisle. Then pictures of cute little furry creatures that looked liked raccoons flashed on the screen, followed by another clip of J-Lo in fur outfit. The pictures of the “cuties” were screened again. Suddenly, a hand appeared and grabbed one of cuties out from the wired cage by it’s tail and slammed it’s head on the ground! The man then cut a slit at the back of the creature and tore its skin from it’s body. Blood was seeping from the “naked” carcass. The camera zoomed in on the “skinned” animal. Then, the eyes of the animal opened and blinked at the camera. I was shocked! Tears welled up in my eyes…. My heart aches as if I could feel the pain of the inhumane treatment of the poor animal…

Another scene of another white flurry creature which looks like a dog appeared. I could not bear to watch it any further; I switch off the media player immediately. But scenes of the skinned raccoon blinking it’s eye at me kept appearing in my mind… It’s was so painful… I was so furious with the inhumane treatment of these beautiful animals, and started disliking the stars who were spotted wearing fur coats. I reminded myself that I would ban all fur-related stuffs (that were made of real fur) and make sure I spread the message around. There is little I could do…but I’ll try!

No comments: