Monday, March 23, 2009

A nice little surprise....over the weekend

Saturday...a little surprise party

On a usual saturday afternoon, I went back home after my grocery shopping with a slight headache from the afternoon heat. A little cake filled with candles greeted me as I stepped inside my house.

Wow...! ..... A birthday cake?!! But my dew dew was with me all these while, so who could it be?!

The house looks empty.

I started searching around... First, the kitchen and the common bathroom, next, the master bedroom and the attached bathroom... When I peeked inside the "to-be" study room, I saw some bags lying on the floor.

Before I could react, a few girls sprung on me and I literally "jumped"!

What a startling surprise!

The "gang" hidding in the make-shift storeroom as they waited patiently for our return...



And not forgetting to take some pics, while they "hide"...

The Girls... (Fang, Li and Boon)

The guys... (Rodin, Daryl and Leo)

The mischiveous faces, as they plotted how they should "surprise" me...

Still hysterical from the "surprises"

(Erm, stop counting those candles, the idea is to fill the whole cake with candles, and it doesn't mean anything.....)

Thanks Dew....
Thanks for planning this little surprise for me
and I know it ain't easy to plan for something like this while in India for the past week...
Oh! and thanks for the yumilicious Choc-a-Bloc chocolate cake ,
which I have been yearning to try!
(moist chocolate sponge cake coated generously with rich creamy chocolate. Yummy!)

And of course, thanks to all my dear friends for being part of the nice little "party".

(Thanks for capturing the beautiful moments Leo)



Sunday... Pot Luck

Guest: Miaoqun & Jason, Miaoyan, Xiao Yi and Ling & family (Richard and her 2 little darlings).

Menu for dinner: Roast duck, char shao, Braised tofu with brocolli, sambal veg, fried bee hoon, fried rice, seafood pizza, bbq chicken pizza, almond jelly cocktail (made by MY) AND chocolate cake.

So nice of MQ and MY to prepare the cake for me...

No comments: